Destiny Centre is a revolutionary work of God under the leadership of Ps Marc Bredenkamp and the oversight of Ps Harold Weitsz from Little Falls Christian Centre. The church was birthed in a house in Forest Drive on the 15th of February 2004 and has since grown to over 500 registered members and continues to see God give increase.
Our vision is to take the harvest that God has alotted to this generation and to establish a New Testament pattern of church structure and action. Our mission is to reach the unreached, touch the untouched and love the unloved.
Our Sunday services, conferences and seminars are a great source of inspiration with powerful praise and worship, as well as anointed preaching and ministry in the Spirit. Our Sunday service times are 09:00 and 18:00. Before every service we have a prayer meeting that starts in the main auditorium one hour before the commencement of the service.
In addition, you are welcome to join us on Saturdays for a one-hour prayer meeting (07:30-08:30).
In this church we place a high premium on prayer as is also reflected in our prayer cells.
Ps Marc and Mickaelle Bredenkamp – Senior Pastors
While establishing a church in a foreign country, he met and married his sweetheart Mickaëlle. Marc has equipped God’s saints on 4 different continents, has won an award for outstanding service to the community for work done amongst certain gangs in South Africa and is the author of the book “Unveiling the Prophetic”. Marc is in much demand as an international guest speaker and captured the attention of the media as he and his wife took the Message to the unloved, untouched and unreached. He has featured on CNN, Carte Blanche and Good Morning South Africa. Marc “earned” an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity in recognition of years of successful ministry to the Body of Christ.
A few years ago God instructed Marc in a dream “to start a church in Umhlanga”. He was subsequently “sent out” by Ps Harold Weitsz of the Little Falls Christian Centre, Marc’s Pastor and spiritual home since his rebirth into the Kingdom of God. From the 15th of February 2004, Marc planted Destiny Harvest Centre and has been overseeing the work as senior pastor ever since. Marc and Mickaëlle have 3 children, 2 grandchildren and live in La Lucia.
Our Vision & Strategy
Our VISION is that we will “Take the Harvest”… thereby,
- WINNING people for the Kingdom of God in a passionate way
- SHEPHERDING the saved ones to the best of our ability
- DISCIPLING them until they are mature, fruitful disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ through…
- Involvement in the New Testament home group structure
- Uncompromising Word-based Sunday services
- Other available training resources (particularly that of the College for Advanced Christian Education)
- SENDING them out…
- To present Jesus to others
- To uplift a dying and suffering world
- To take our cities for Christ
- To reach and impact the world for Jesus Christ our Lord
We endorse the New Testament PATTERN of the Church gathering in public meetings and in homes:
Acts 2:46-47 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. [NKJ]
Acts 5:42 … Daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ. [NKJ]
Acts 16:40 Paul and Silas then returned to the home of Lydia, where they met with the believers and encouraged them once more before leaving town. [NLT]
Acts 20:20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. [NIV]
Rom 16:5 Please give my greetings to the church that meets in their home … [NLT]
1 Cor 16: 19 … Aquila and Priscilla greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house. [NKJ]
Col 4: 15 Greet the brethren who are in Laodicea, and Nymphas and the church that is in his house. [NKJ]
Philem1:2 …I am also writing to the church that meets in your house. [NLT]
Our STRATEGY will include the following:
- The establishment of home cells where Christians can gather for fellowship, care and edification in the Lord. Cells will be launched throughout the Umhlanga, surrounding areas and even all over the world by a mission action according to the Bible pattern.
- The equipping of Christians towards reaching maximum growth and their full potential for their service in the Kingdom of God. This will include general ministerial instruction, as well as training in the music and drama ministries.
- The planting of churches that will develop into strong, vibrant and self-sustaining spiritual communities.The setting up of community center’s where AIDs orphans, drug addicts etc. will be cared for and educated.
- The maintaining of a strong prayer action to support the above mentioned strategy.
Key CONCEPTS flowing from the vision are:
- Being involved in effective EVANGELISM outreaches through the home cells and the church.
- Practicing constructive DISCIPLESHIP through the concept of sponsors, “sponsees” and partners.
- Providing quality PASTORAL CARE through home cells.
- Promoting functional SERVANTHOOD by continuous training.
- Developing sound LEADERSHIP using the “Equipping Steps” and Bible College instruction.
- Upholding healthy FAMILY LIFE in the congregation.
- Building strong RELATIONSHIPS in the Body of Christ.
- Encouraging cordial CHURCH UNITY among Christian churches based on Scriptural principles.
- Implementing successful CHURCH PLANTING locally and internationally.
- Cultivating solid YOUTH and CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES.
We endeavor to be involved in these types of OUTREACHES…
- COMMUNITY OUTREACHES
- Outreach to institutions
- Outreach to prisons
- Outreach to informal settlements
- Outreach to schools
- Outreach to hospitals
- INTERNATIONAL OUTREACHES
- Supporting ministries like LFCC
- Distributing Bibles and Christian Literature
- Being involved in outreaches in African countries
- Planting churches
Key FACETS of the ministry of DHC:
- COLLEGE FOR ADVANCED CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
- CACE is geared to equip the saints for the work of the ministry so that the Body of Christ may be edified through the knowledge of the Word of God.
- CHILDRENʼS CHURCH
- The ministry of “Destinyʼs Children” has a goal to teach godly principles from the Word to children from 3 to 12 years of age, so that they could become young disciples of Jesus.
- YOUTH MINISTRY
- “The Movement” ministers to the age group between 12 and 19 years through cell groups, as well as regular and special events. There are also cells and events for the age group above this to just over 30 years of age.
Where there is no vision, the people perish… Proverbs 29:18 [KJV]Back to Top